Expo East September 2014 at Baltimore, MD
1 Large onion small dice
2 T olive oil
2 medium red potatoes peeled small dice
3 cloves garlic minced
4 cups veggie stock or water
3 small red potatoes diced with skin on
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp sage
1 tsp marjoram
salt & pepper to taste (about 2-3 tsp salt)
1 large shallot small diced (1/4 cup)
6-7 shiitake mushrooms diced
2 tsp liquid aminos
2 tsp liquid smoke
Fresh chives chopped
In big pot add olive oil and saute onion.
Then add potatoes saute for 5 min.
Add minced garlic. Stir
Add veggie stock or water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer 20 min
Blend to smooth consistency with immersion blender. Heat off
Add 3 diced potatoes to soup on light simmer to medium heat
Add nutritional yeast, thyme, sage, marjoram, salt and pepper
Cover and turn heat to medium high.
In separate pan saute shallots with olive oil (1-2 Tbs)
Add shiitake and saute.
Add aminos and liquid smoke and stir
Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of the soup to get flavors from pan
Add everything to the pot of soup and stir in
Stir in 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
Take your cooking to the next level with instructor Chad Sarno.
- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs Neat Egg Replacer (mixed w/4 Tbs rice milk or water) or sub out with 1/4 package film silken tofu
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup All purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 vegan chocolate bar
- In mixing bowl add room temperature butter with the sugar and mix together.
- Add vanilla, Neat, baking soda and powder and salt. Mix together.
- Add flour and mix to get a nice cookie dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and scoops balls of dough on tray. (reference video for size)
- Bake for about 8 1/2 to 9 min.
- Cut chocolate bar into fine shavings and garnish over cookies as they cool.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Here is a very awkward interview with Isa Chandra Moskowitz Author of Veganomicon, Vegan with a Vengeance and Isa Does it. Featuring Miyoko Schinner, Eco Vegan Gal, Jason Wrobel and The Vegan Black Metal Chef. Also Krystle and Chris as bride and groom.